What exactly is a “Piney”?
In honor of their 10th anniversary, Southern Weddings has put together a Best of the South Award to honor wedding vendors throughout numerous categories. The award has been nicknamed “The Piney” thanks to the golden pineapple trophy that winners will receive.
We have been named as a finalist for the “Best Caterer” category, and we couldn’t be more excited about it. There are so many fantastic catering companies throughout the south and to be named one of the top is truly an honor. If you’d like to vote for us, you can do so by clicking HERE!
In honor of our Piney nomination, we wanted to share one of our favorite pineapple recipes with you. It’s the perfect recipe for this time of year as the hot, humid days of summer begin to roll into the south.
GRILLED PINEAPPLE LEMONADE
6 oz fresh pineapple, sliced
4 cups hot water
3 tbsp granulated sugar
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (4 large lemons)
- Heat up grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple slices in a single layer and cook on each side until dark char marks appear. Set grilled pineapple slices aside to cool.
- Combine 4 cups hot water and sugar in a large pitcher and stir with whisk until dissolved.
- Process pineapple and lemon juice in a blender until relatively smooth.
- Pour pineapple mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into pitcher with sugar mixture; discard the solids.
- Stir well until fully blended and serve over ice.