Easter is on it’s way! The seersucker sport coats, linen dresses, and white sandals are all being brought out of the closet in anticipation of celebrating Easter in our Sunday best. The Easter baskets are ready and the menus for the family meal are being planned.
Are you celebrating the day with a brunch with your family and friends? If so, we have the perfect recipe for you to enjoy. As every true Southerner knows, no meal on Easter is complete without a tray full of delectable deviled eggs.
Our Executive Chef, Michael, has pulled together one of his favorite deviled egg recipes for you and your family to enjoy this year.
Bacon, Leek and Tomato Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1 leek, diced
- 6 strips of bacon, rendered crispy & diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Boil eggs and once cool, peel and slice in half. Remove the yolk from each egg and place in a mixing bowl. Mix the yolks together with the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Render crispy bacon, reserve the fat.
- In the same pan, sauté the leeks and half of the diced tomatoes in the bacon fat.
- Once cool, fold in the leek-tomato mix into your yolk mix and add in 1/2 of the reserved chopped bacon.
- Pipe the mix into the egg whites and garnish with chopped bacon.
We hope that you and your family have a wonderful Easter!