We’ve all seen it or experienced it – a badly cut piece of cake at a wedding reception. When Aunt Mildred, or another designated cake cutter who isn’t experienced cuts your beautifully decorated wedding cake, things can go south quickly. Southern Way provides complimentary cake cutting services and here are reasons why we think that a family member or friend shouldn’t cut the cake:
- This is the biggest party of your LIFE and the cake is the universal symbol of this grand celebration – make sure it looks stunning even when it’s being cut.
- The bride and groom spent time choosing their favorite cake flavors and how it should be decorated – you don’t want it to crumble!
- If an inexperienced cake cutter slices the cake, pieces of cake will be different sizes and you will run out – FAST.
- Slices will look messy and not very presentable to your guests
- Southern Way has the proper knife and gloves for the job, giving the task of cutting the cake a professional edge. And don’t worry, we won’t lick our fingers like Aunt Mildred.
- Friends & family might be sidetracked talking to one of their high school friends and your guests might not get their slice of cake or there could be a waiting line. If there’s a waiting line, one guest might thing they need to start cutting the cake – YIKES!